Friday, April 23, 2010

For the Week of April 26th

Lexia

I would be interested to hear from those who have started to use Lexia at home. How is it going? Does your student enjoy doing Lexia? Please email me with anything you would like to share. If you want to talk in person, please email me and I will phone you.

For those who have not signed up for Lexia but would like to, email me and I will get the information to your child.

Make Reading Fun

Nothing motivates children and adults alike more than fun. Since our goal is to make life-long readers out of our children, I would encourage you, as parents, to take the time to make reading a fun activity. Figure out the types of books your child really enjoys. Make plans to do fun activities centered around those books. When my children were younger, we would read books as a family that we knew were coming out as movies. Then we would go see the movie so that we could compare and contrast it with the book. Many little girls enjoy having a tea party. Invite over a friend or have a teddy bear join the party and then have your child or you read a good book while the others are enjoying their "tea." Get creative and have fun with reading.